Fran received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology from Kean College of New Jersey and a certification in medical technology in 1977 from the American Society of Clinical Pathology. Before law school, Fran worked as a medical technologist in a variety of healthcare settings, including a large clinical laboratory, hospitals, and a basic science research facility. She co-authored several scientific publications during that period.
Fran received her Juris Doctor degree from the Dickinson School of Law in Carlisle, Pennsylvania in 1989. During law school, she was a member of the trial and appellate moot court boards and competed on trial and appellate moot court teams. She was chosen as the “Best Advocate” in the Allegheny County Trial Lawyers Association Trial Moot Court competition for 1989. Also at Dickinson she was selected for membership in the Order of Barristers.
After law school, Fran practiced in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania with a medium-sized commercial litigation firm where she handled and participated in litigation involving securities matters, commercial disputes, and worker’s compensation. Thereafter she served as in-house counsel in the toxic tort section of the Westinghouse Electric Corporation law department. At Westinghouse Fran practiced in the areas of environmental insurance coverage litigation and toxic-tort products liability litigation. She participated in the administration of litigation and the management of local and regional counsel in toxic-tort and products-liability matters in multiple states and regions. She also practiced with Jenkens & Gilchrist in Dallas, Texas in the products liability area.
Fran joined Evert Weathersby Houff in 1999. She practices principally in the areas of products liability in both federal and state courts. She has principal responsibility for the administration and defense of asbestos lawsuits for several Fortune 500 companies.
- Juris Doctor, Dickinson School of Law, 1989
- Bachelor of Arts, Kean College of New Jersey, 1977
- Certification in medical technology, American Society of Clinical Pathology, 1977
- State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of Mississippi
- State Bar of Pennsylvania
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia