Phil graduated from Shippensburg University with a B.A. in History and from the Widener University School of Law. While attending Widener, he served as a senior staff editor for the Widener Journal of Public Law. Prior to joining Evert Weathersby Houff in 2006, Phil was a litigation associate with the Maryland law firms of DeHay & Elliston, L.L.P. and Goldfein & Hosmer, P.C. He was also an Assistant Public Defender for Baltimore City.
At Evert Weathersby Houff, Phil represents a diverse group of defendants in general civil litigation matters including products liability and personal injury litigation on both a local and national level. He is involved in all aspects of civil litigation including personal injury and wrongful death cases involving products liability and toxic torts. His experience includes extensive deposition and other trial preparation, and he assists with the firm’s national defense coordination efforts and is responsible for management of local counsel around the country, including development and implementation of trial strategies, coordination of trial resources, and overall case management.
- Juris Doctor, Widener University School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts, Shippensburg University
- State Bar of Maryland
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Maryland
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Maryland
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin