Richard M. Lauth concentrates his practice on the defense of personal injury and wrongful death cases involving products liability, toxic torts, and premises liability. From the initial filing of the lawsuit through its final disposition, Richard handles case intake, written discovery, depositions, court appearances, trial preparation, trial, and settlement negotiations. He concentrates his practice within the firm’s national defense coordination, management, and implementation efforts for a number of clients, including serving as national coordinating counsel for an engineering, design and manufacturing firm involved in the asbestos litigation.
Richard is admitted to practice in all trial courts and courts of appeal in Georgia, Florida and Mississippi, as well as the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and the United States District Courts for the Northern District of Georgia, the Northern District of Florida, the Middle District of Florida, the Southern District of Florida, the Northern District of Mississippi, and the Southern District of Mississippi. Richard is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell. Martindale’s peer review rating is based on legal ability and professional ethics and it reflects the confidential opinions of members of the bench and bar.
Richard was born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia. He graduated from Vanderbilt University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English and a minor in Spanish. Richard received his Juris Doctor from Georgia State University’s College of Law. During law school, Richard worked at the DeKalb County Child Advocate’s Office representing the interests of children involved in abuse and neglect cases. In his final year of law school, Richard was selected for membership in the Charles Longstreet Weltner Family Law Inn of Court.
- Juris Doctor, Georgia State University’s College of Law, 1999
- Bachelor of Arts, Vanderbilt University, 1996
- State Bar of Florida
- State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of Mississippi
- Florida Court of Appeals
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Mississippi Court of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi